Tfue Sues FaZe Clan for Oppressive Contract

A world-class Fortnite player is now suing the gaming organization as the organization is said to be restricting all the business opportunities with a contract which is onerous, oppressive, and one-sided.

The complaint which is filed by Tenny, 21, is said to be filed in California Superior court in Los Angeles charges FaZe clan that an eSports organization with the professional teams which helps in competing in the video games which includes Call of Duty, Counter-Strike and Fortnite Battle Royale. The players are said to be have signed the gaming agreements in such a way that the team will own Tenney along with other content creator or streamers as well as professional gamers. 

Tenney, who is one of the best Fortnite player and a popular YouTube streamer as well as has signed an agreement with the FaZe Clan at the age of 20.  As per him, he said that in this suit FaZe Clan can take about 80 percent of revenue that is paid by the third parties for Tenney’s services like sponsored online videos. In the lawsuit, it is said that FaZe Clan has failed to pay him his deserving share of the sponsorship earnings and it has taken up about 80 percent of the earnings as the finder’s fee.

According to the Turner’s lawyer, he wrote in the complaint which was filed on Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court that under no uncertain terms, the gamers for this game are said to be entertainers, artists as well as content creators. They act, perform as well as direct, edit, and most importantly, they stream.

The copy of the complaint that is collected by The Hollywood Reporter said that the industry is very new and for now there is no little to its oversight.  Due to this all things, all the young content streamers, and creators are now susceptible to being taken advantage and to get exploited, which is supposed to be looking at the best interests.

In response to this all, FaZe Clan in its official Twitter account responded to the lawsuit by saying that the clan has only collected about $60,000 from the partnership. At the same time, Tfue has earned in millions as a member of FaZe Clan. The contracts that are signed by different players are said to be different for each of the clan players with 20 percent is collected by FaZe Clan while the rest 80 percent goes to players.

Fortnite is one of the most popular and biggest frees to play games on consoles. It was released in the year 2018, and after that, it has taken the world by storm, and the popularity is such that it has provided developer of Epic Games with $3 billion. Apart from that all, Tyler Blevins or Ninja in gaming world said that he earned near to $10 million in 2018 alone. He currently has about 12.5 million followers on game streaming service Twitch and about more than 20 million Subscribers on online streaming YouTube.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*